Appointment Sign Up
Schedule a face-to-face appointment using our online scheduler. Please note: The Community Writing Center is walk-in only.
Click here to schedule your face-to-face appointment in the Ray B. West building!
Click here to schedule your face-to-face appointment in the Merrill Cazier Library!
NOTE: Use your A# as your password when making an appointment.
Can't make it to the Writing Center in person? You can also schedule online appointments! Click here to get started!
Please be considerate of others who use the Writing Center and do not sign up for more than one appointment per day.
If a student is more than six minutes late for an appointment, we will take walk-ins in place of those who have missed their appointments.
Please note that all appointments are scheduled according to the MDT time zone.
The Online Writing Center offers free, one-on-one tutoring with extended hours, seven days a week. Visit the Online Writing Center's website to learn more about our online services and how you can make an appointment.
Click here to schedule an online appointment with one of our online tutors!
Similar to our face-to-face appointments, simply log in with your email and use your A# as your password after you have registered for an account. Remember to select "Online Writing Center" when you are asked to choose a schedule.Scheduling & Attending Online Appointments Step-by-Step
Here's what to expect:
- Make your appointment at least the night before. You will receive a confirmation email with your appointment information and additional instructions.
- Email your paper to your tutor by at least 9 PM MDT the night before your appointment. You can find your tutor's email address in your appointment confirmation email. If you do not have a paper to work on, that's okay! Email the tutor to let them know you'd like to brainstorm during your appointment.
- During your session, access your tutor's chat room by clicking on the link found in both your confirmation and reminder emails. Log in with your A# and USU password.
- You will have 25 minutes to work with your tutor.
- After the appointment, your tutor will email an overview of the session to you, confirming your visit to the Writing Center. You can use this email as proof of visitation if it is required in your class.
- Confused? Review these detailed steps on how to make an appointment or review the infographic below: